Father’s Day Grilled Steak Tostadas
Super Summer Recipe – Grilled Steak Tostadas!
Oh dear, sometimes it’s so hard to write these posts without wanting to eat …but tonight I will indulge! This is a delicious and nutritious meal that my boys (all 4) will love. The Bonus: If I marinate the meat this morning, (although you only need 16 minutes, my feeling is that you can’t overdo this) I can serve this up before we run to sports in just 30 minutes!
Not only do I love this recipe because it’s simple to make, it’s also perfect for summer entertaining, as it feels more special than your typical taco. I discovered the recipe at Lawrys.com. It’s a great resource so be sure to check out the site’s other recipes. It offers inspirations for the Family Table, Food for the Soul, Cocina Latina and year round BBQ tips!
Grilled Steak Tostadas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinate Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Makes: 6 servings.
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak or skirt steak, trimmed
- 1/2 cup Lawry’s® Mexican Chile & Lime Marinade With Lime Juice, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 corn tostadas (5-inch)
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach or leafy lettuce (about 6 cups loosely packed)
- 1 cup quartered grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 large radishes, julienned
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Place steak in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add 1/4 cup of the marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
2. Meanwhile, coarsely mash black beans with 2 tablespoons of the remaining marinade in medium microwavable bowl; set aside. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
3. Grill over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness, brushing with remaining 2 tablespoons marinade.
4. Slice steak into thin slices. Microwave bean mixture on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Spread bean mixture evenly on each tostada. Layer with steak and remaining ingredients. Drizzle with additional marinade, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- To make your own tostadas, fry corn tortillas in hot oil in small skillet, one at a time, until crisp, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- For Chicken Tostadas, substitute 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts halves for the steak.
Brought to you by the amazing women at PartyBluPrints